Wednesday, August 24, 2011

#17 Over all too soon...
























Months of anticipating and it was over all too soon. There's an emotional high that comes from the show, especially when you're surrounded by 90,000 other fans. Inside the pit the jumping, screaming and swaying is definitely not optional. The show was the 2nd of July, sweaty hot, and general admission requires hours of standing and waiting. I was exhausted once it was over...decided to go out and catch a cab. I had arrived at Camp Nou in the early afternoon and just took the train. Turns out, after the show, night buses were the only public transportation available and cabs were crammed with passengers. Since I don't speak or understand much Spanish, let alone night bus schedules. I decided to walk in the general direction of my hotel until I found a free cab. Block after block, I walked and walked. I saw a naked bike rider at 3 in morning. Completely naked except for socks and shoes. Interesting how his feet were the only things requiring protection...1.5 hours and 4.2 miles later, I reached my hotel room exhausted and spent but still on cloud nine. All worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment