Friday, September 9, 2011

#33 "from the sky down"




Such a fantastic documentary! I realize that I probably don't have an objective view when it comes to anything U2 but emotion is not objective. It's anything but! There was just so much thought provoking substance! The documentary focuses on the band's recording of "Achtung Baby" and that period of reinvention and rejuvination. They were on the brink of breaking up and it just shows you what perseverance and hard work can bring about. One of the band's complete masterpieces from start to finish. It was so great to see them now revisiting those songs and revisiting their history in order to look to the future. Such respect and admiration I have for their way of staying together and making it work. I am in awe of Bono's view of the world. I look forward to the band's future. Ps. See this film! It's done exceptionally well!

No comments:

Post a Comment