Tuesday, September 13, 2011

#38 Shady...
























I love how Bono explained his use of sunglasses in "From the Sky Down". He adopted them and the fly persona 'round about the time of Achtung Baby. He explained that when you expose yourself so openly, you need a mask for protection. I love how intimate that album actually is. So many songs are about the demons they were battling at the time and because of the new persona he adopted, he was able to use new vocabulary, to act and react in a new and exciting way. I think reinvention or rejuvenation is something I'm looking for at the moment. A way to learn and grow and become something better. It really struck a chord with me...not that I'm going to start wearing shades all the time. haha, but I love that that became a way for him to try something he had never done before...kind of freeing.

No comments:

Post a Comment